Our Optometrist in Palmer and Anchorage Proudly Offers Eye Care for The Whole Family
At Palmer Vision Clinic, we understand that the health of your family is of paramount importance. Regular eye care preserves a vital asset: your vision. When you need an optometrist in Palmer or Anchorage, Dr. Edward Bancroft has you covered. Edward Bancroft, OD and Palmer Vision Clinic specializes in providing family eye care, from pediatrics to geriatrics.
It's easier to commit to regular eye exams when you can trust one doctor to evaluate your whole family. Let's look at how you can safeguard your family's vision.
Know Your Family History
Let Dr. Bancroft know if you have a family history of eye diseases or conditions. Some eye diseases don't develop until later in life, and others have few symptoms until they have already damaged your vision. For example, if you have a family history of glaucoma, your children are much more likely to develop it too. Receiving regularly eye care at a vision clinic that knows your predisposed risks can one day save your vision. We will faithfully monitor any diseases associated with genetic risks.
Commit to a Regular Eye Exam
At Palmer Vision Clinic, we believe that regular eye exams form the basis of lifelong healthy vision. During the exam, we dilate your eyes and evaluate your pupil and the inside of your eyes. This reveals the early symptoms of an injury or disease. You also receive a vision test to detect whether you need contacts or glasses.
Exams for younger patients are modified as appropriate to determine their reading abilities.
Conditions We Treat
We treat a number of conditions that occur as a result of the aging process, illness, or injury. Our eye care services can manage or treat the following conditions:
- Refractive Errors: Irregularities in the shape of the eyeball, cornea, or lens can lead to nearsightedness, farsightedness, presbyopia, and astigmatism.
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma damages the optic nerve, affecting your vision. As part of a routine eye exam, we test your eyes to check for excess fluid pressure that may indicate glaucoma.
- Cataracts: Cataracts result from protein buildup on your lens. They can be spotted during a regular eye exam. Symptoms include sensitivity to light, blurred vision, and seeing halos surrounding bright lights.
- Macular Degeneration: Macular degeneration commonly appears in older patients. The macula in the retina degenerates over time, limiting your field of vision.
- Diabetic Eye Disease: Diabetes can damage your vision by causing the destruction and degradation of blood vessels in your eyes.
- Dry Eye: Dry eyes result from strain and aging as well as numerous other causes. It's important to seek treatment to avoid scarring and vision problems.
- Conjunctivitis: Conjunctivitis, or pink eye, causes redness and swelling and a crusty discharge.
Providing Family Eye Care Is What We Do Best
If you are searching for an optometrist in Palmer or Anchorage, you can trust Edward Bancroft, OD and Palmer Vision Center for reliable, expert family eye care. Schedule an eye exam appointment for yourself or your family member with us by calling (907) 562-2020 (Anchorage office) or (907) 745-4373 (Palmer office).