Conditions Treated At Edward Bancroft, OD And Palmer Vision Clinic
Edward Bancroft, OD and Palmer Vision Clinic can serve as your trusted source for ongoing eye condition diagnosis and management. From simple refractive errors to potential causes of blindness, we can help you stay on top of your ocular health and wellness for life.
Common Conditions That Can Trouble Your Eyes
The eyes are very delicate organs that must function with a high degree of precision to produce clear vision you rely on in everyday life. This means that they're vulnerable to a variety of diseases, disorders, and abnormalities, any of which can turn your visual field into a blur or even deprive you of that vision entirely. Common eye conditions include:
- Refractive Errors: A problem in the shape of the eyeball, lens, or cornea may create a refractive error, blurring your vision at one or more distance levels. Nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, and presbyopia all fall into this category.
- Functional Errors: If the eyes and brain don't operate with perfect coordination, the result may be a functional error, such as amblyopia or strabismus, that impairs vision.
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma involves progressive, irreversible damage to the optic nerves, resulting in vision loss and possible blindness. Excess fluid pressure in the eye is usually the cause.
- Cataracts: Cataracts are cloudy barriers to vision made up of proteins in the eye's lens. Early symptoms may include blurred vision, light sensitivity, and halos around bright lights.
- Macular Degeneration: Macular degeneration is a retinal condition that most commonly develops in seniors. The macula in the retina becomes increasingly damaged, depriving you of your central field of vision.
- Diabetic Eye Disease: Diabetes causes blood vessel destruction and leakage in the eyes, often resulting in permanent retinal damage.
- Dry Eye: Dry eye is an irritating syndrome caused by everything from age-related dryness to environmental factors. It can lead to corneal scarring if it goes untreated.
- Conjunctivitis: Conjunctivitis, also referred to as pink eye, is characterized by reddening of the eye, swelling of the eyelid, discomfort, and discharge.
Our Eye Care Services Can Help Protect Your Vision
Our optometry clinic offers a variety of eye care services to help protect your eyes and preserve your vision. Regular eye exams help us diagnose an eye or vision problem early enough to provide effective care. We may prescribe medication, lifestyle changes, corrective lenses, vision therapy, or other treatment for underlying medical issues.
Call Our Palmer or Anchorage Optometry Office
Don't let a lurking eye condition catch you off guard. Call Edward Bancroft, OD in Anchorage or Palmer Vision Clinic in Palmer today to schedule an exam and any necessary treatment.